Search all Jobs

Welcome to Cleannigerianjobs.blogspot.com!

Welcome to Cleannigerianjobs.blogspot.com,your source of Nigerian jobs,scholarships,Online jobs,mind blowing articles from around the world!
Feel free to subscribe & leave your comments,to get latest job update straight to your Email for free!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

HOW TO FACE AN INTERVIEW

When facing interviews, people tend to commit a lot of simple and (often) silly mistakes which, if tried, can be overcome very easily. All it takes is a little observance and patience. Use these easy-to-implement guidelines to make sure you rock at your next interview!
The first round is generally a personal introduction round and this is the round where most candidates get eliminated due to lack of proper presentation skills. You may be proficient in English but there are many factors for which you could be eliminated.The person taking your interview should feel your presence when you introduce yourself.
You should never sound mechanical when introducing yourself and also remember that the person listening to you should be able to get a picture about the kind of person you are. Try to start your introduction with a quote and relate yourself to that quote. Make it look as if you are talking to a friend and not with a superior. The beginning and the conclusion should be properly made.
Look at this sample here to get an idea of the 'right' personal introduction:
"Hi, my name is Ankit. I was born and brought up in Bangalore. My father works for a government firm and my mother is a homemaker. I have one sister who is pursuing her graduation. I completed my post graduation in English from the University of Hyderabad and I have an experience of 3 years in the field of communication training. I have chosen to be a trainer as I love this field and the challenges it poses.
Coming to my hobbies, I like reading books as I like to keep myself updated with new things happening around and it also helps me in improving my knowledge. I like reading fiction very much. I also enjoy cooking because it requires a high level of skill and precision. I love to travel and see new places.
My strengths are my confidence, hardworking nature and positive attitude. One instance where my strengths really came in handy was in my graduation. Mathematics was (and is) very tough and I could never get along with it. Everybody thought that I wouldn't pass but I had confidence in myself that I would definitely pass. I worked hard and in the end, staying positive really showed results and I passed with good marks. My weakness is I am a perfectionist and I always strive to achieve perfection in whatever work that is given to me.
Well, that's all I've say about myself as of now and thank you for giving me this opportunity. It was a pleasure talking to you."
The above model is a brief example. You could improvise further to suit your requirements. Whenever you are giving your personal introduction, keep your rate of speech moderate. Do not rush when speaking and always remember to intonate your speech properly wherever required. Plan your introduction for at least a minute and a half or more. Practice in front of a mirror and try out various expressions which would seem good on you. Through trial and error you will definitely master the art of personal introduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner